Web design trends can be challenging to understand as computers cannot identify trends. This means that while templates can be used to make blogs and brochures, web designers cannot use a one size fits all approach. Web Designers will always be needed to make or follow the current trends when designing websites. These trends could be related to chat functionality, checkout development or even updating the branding of a business.
Web design and Web Designers will always be in demand as more and more sites are being created with companies continually developing their online presence and reach. Companies that know the importance of web design often have their in-house team who are constantly creating more and more visually attractive and complex web pages.
The internet is constantly evolving and websites need to meet certain demands. Designers ensure sites meet these designs. It is not just the internet that is evolving, it is also the technology behind them.
When you are first designing or getting your website created for you, there is a lot to learn. Website designs are a very complex and with their various types of content, images and processes. One very important thing you should consider and incorporate into your website is to make sure it is responsive.
A responsive website means that when someone accesses your website on a smaller, mobile device, as opposed to a PC or laptop, that all of your content, images and processes show up and work as they should. You want your website to quickly adapt to a smaller device to where people can see everything well and is user friendly.
Having a responsive website is very important in a world where most people use their mobile devices for the majority of their shopping and researching. One way you can check your website responsiveness from a PC or laptop is the using the Google Mobile-Friendly Test.
Navigating the online world continues to get harder with all the scams, misleading information, marketing bombardment and ‘clickbait’, which all seek to draw you in and take your time without giving anything back.
Many may be wondering what is ‘clickbait’ and how can I avoid it? Clickbait is typically some misleading, ridiculous or sensational headline that is associated with spam or fake news to help draw traffic and increase ad revenue whilst providing no value.
Often these clickbait headlines will focus on areas that will get peoples attention such as celebrities, money, real estate, animals or shocking/suspense type headings of often embellished news stories. Once you actually click on the link and read the content, it often is not quite what you were expecting. These types of things are often found on Facebook, YouTube, BuzzFeed and similar platforms.
Its honestly better to try and avoid things that look like clickbait as it is often misleading. If you are looking for news, seek out reliable sources and not just any old pop-up you see online.
Online and social media marketing can be a fickle thing. Here are 5 top tips to creating content that will reach potential customers:
1. Know your Audience! This is the number one key to content creation. If you do not know the who, the how and the when of your target audience will interact with your content, then you are wasting your time. Do your research and create 1-3 buyer personas.
2. Be consistent. Keep your visuals, language and tone consistent for all of your content and across each platform. Have a plan that spells out what this will entail.
3. Be dependable. Create a content creation and posting plan that you can manage and ensure that you stick to it, to build trust with your audience.
4. Be sure to listen. Utilise social listening to know what your potential customers need and want. Think about what problem you can solve for them with your product.
5. Engage! Always respond in some way to people who comment or interact with your content, even if it is just with a like. Encourage conversations and engagement with your brand.